Many and Omniversal thanks to my amazing Patrons. It is largely because of their enthusiasm and support that I am able to bring you these stories. They are all amazing, and I consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to create for them.
I will never, ever betray their trust, or take their generosity for granted.

They are: Charles Jackson, Robert Walper, Lilliane Assous, Janessa Ravenwood, David Helmink, Dale, Christopher, Visitant Sierra, Rickard, Paul Millsted, Michael Cronin, Jeffrey Clemons, Ethan Barton, Jessamyn Howe, Janne Syrjakoski, Mpop, Chris Ellis, Ken Hagler, Brandon Young, Andy Rowell, Marcel, and Lauren Cash.

Friday, November 4, 2016

Strange Days

Welp, no writing today (breaking my streak, darn it).
I went to go see Doctor Strange, and the combination of a mind-bending movie and the disruption to my sleep schedule has pretty much wrecked any hope of getting some story down.
That's fine, I'll just get extra-extra serious about it tomorrow.

The movie?
It was great! Not the greatest movie ever made, prrrrooobably not as good as Winter Soldier or Civil War, but still a really excellent time. The cast was great, Cumberbatch kills it as Strange, everything was interesting, the visuals were just about where I wanted them, in terms of color and trippiness and showing us glimpses of a far deeper reality than anyone else in the MCU is aware of (save for Thor, of course).

I like this Stephen Strange. He's maybe a bit more jokey that I'd have preferred, but not so much that I was ever really annoyed with him... and dear lord, I'll take a little extra humor over a dismal funeral dirge of a film (like DC keeps making) any and EVERY day of the week.

Great stuff.
If I get a chance, I might go back and watch it in 3D, just to see how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment