Many and Omniversal thanks to my amazing Patrons. It is largely because of their enthusiasm and support that I am able to bring you these stories. They are all amazing, and I consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to create for them.
I will never, ever betray their trust, or take their generosity for granted.

They are: Charles Jackson, Robert Walper, Lilliane Assous, Janessa Ravenwood, David Helmink, Dale, Christopher, Visitant Sierra, Rickard, Paul Millsted, Michael Cronin, Jeffrey Clemons, Ethan Barton, Jessamyn Howe, Janne Syrjakoski, Mpop, Chris Ellis, Ken Hagler, Brandon Young, Andy Rowell, Marcel, and Lauren Cash.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Still motorvating right along


Hey-O!
7100 words into chapter eleven of the Dawn/SG:1 story, and all is well.
It's obvious that the first half of this thing is going to be almost all Dawn's POV, since it's her flashing back to what happened in the nightclub.
That bugs me a little, since the Stargate crew is supposed to be in this too, but honestly I could (and have) just go on and on and on with Dawn doing Dawnish things.
I assume you guys have a pretty high tolerance for that, if you've made it this far into the story; hopefully so.
And the SGC guys will definitely have their moments a little later on.

--ajk

2 comments:

  1. Given that this chapter will probably go well over the 10 thousand word mark, I'm sure you'll be able to give the Stargate team their time in the spotlight. All you can do is just relax, have fun, and keep going as best as you can. Take it one chapter at a time, and you'll get where you want to be eventually.

    Also, I hope your eye is getting better, or at least not getting worse. Even if the eye patch isn't great or cool looking, try to use it or otherwise find a way to limit light exposure to your eye when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Yep, eye is about 95 percent better now, hardly bothering me at all.
    I ended up not using the patch past the first day; it wouldn't fit under my glasses, and I couldn't work out a gauze bandage that was comfortable either, so I just tried to stay out of bright light when I could, and use my eyedrops as prescribed. It should be fine.

    This chapter will go WELL over ten thousand words; probably past twenty thousand, actually. I'd be okay with that, but if I don't finish it by next Friday I might break it into two, and post the first piece for people to read while I finish up the second. The structure of what's happening would support that, since the flashback has a resolution, then it drops back to the SGC, which will also have a resolution....
    I'd rather not do that; I'd love to just drop the whole thing on you guys at once, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete