Many and Omniversal thanks to my amazing Patrons. It is largely because of their enthusiasm and support that I am able to bring you these stories. They are all amazing, and I consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to create for them.
I will never, ever betray their trust, or take their generosity for granted.

They are: Charles Jackson, Robert Walper, Lilliane Assous, Janessa Ravenwood, David Helmink, Dale, Christopher, Visitant Sierra, Rickard, Paul Millsted, Michael Cronin, Jeffrey Clemons, Ethan Barton, Jessamyn Howe, Janne Syrjakoski, Mpop, Chris Ellis, Ken Hagler, Brandon Young, Andy Rowell, Marcel, and Lauren Cash.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

A little stumble, there

Hey.
Okay, yeah, I had one of my 'things'.
You know, those depression things that sneak up and suddenly swallow me whole for a week or a month or a year.
One of those happened, and a week went by in a dark and hopeless blur.

But I might be through it. I hope so. Trying to get back into writing mode tonight, so that I can push through and finish this.
It's absolutely not her fault, but my pre-reader isn't digging the chapter, mostly because she hates my version of Dawn, and the lack of energy/encouragement from one of my usual sources definitely helped trip me up. One of my Patrons also volunteered to pre-read what I had down so far, but when I sent it to her I only got dead silence back, which, again is disheartening.
So even when it's done and posted, this bit of this story might not get a great response... but that's happened before, and I dusted myself off and kept going.
I think what's amplifying it this time is just the sheer length of the thing; it's a draining project, likely over 30,000 words by the time I'm done, and so that was going to be a tough thing to finish anyway.

I'll definitely try for shorter, quicker, easier bits next time, and I'll probably be changing things up a little, with a chapter or two of Harmony: SuperGoddess before coming back to this for the wrapup to Book One.
I really wanted to get back into my Ship of the Line story before Rogue One came out, but that's not going to happen--after the new year for that.

So anyway, once again, sorry for the delay, guys.
I'll try to get this to you as soon as I can.

---ajk



No comments:

Post a Comment