Many and Omniversal thanks to my amazing Patrons. It is largely because of their enthusiasm and support that I am able to bring you these stories. They are all amazing, and I consider it an honor and a privilege to be able to create for them.
I will never, ever betray their trust, or take their generosity for granted.

They are: Charles Jackson, Robert Walper, Lilliane Assous, Janessa Ravenwood, David Helmink, Dale, Christopher, Visitant Sierra, Rickard, Paul Millsted, Michael Cronin, Jeffrey Clemons, Ethan Barton, Jessamyn Howe, Janne Syrjakoski, Mpop, Chris Ellis, Ken Hagler, Brandon Young, Andy Rowell, Marcel, and Lauren Cash.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Advancing towards victory


All right.
By which I mean--everything is going to be all right.

I had a good, productive weekend of writing on the Ship of the Line chapter, and I made fair progress on it today as well--
--This leaves me feeling fairly cheerful.

Even better, Michael C. has helpfully read the first half of the chapter, and pronounced it 'pretty good' (or possibly he lied shamelessly to spare my feelings--both possibilities are entirely fine in my book :-P ).

So, yeah, I'm feeling sort of not-terrible about things at the moment.
There's still a ways to go on this, but now that I'm moving forward in a semi-consistent way, it might not be that long to have something ready to post.

(Ye gods, I really don't want to admit to anyone how many times I've started, stopped, restarted, and re-written this chapter to get it where it is now).
But yeah, I think I'm okay with how it's structured and how it's progressing now, and I think this will end up as a story I will be happy with.
And once I'm happy with how a story is going, I tend to get very excited about it, and eager to get it finished and out to you guys so that you can (hopefully!) be happy about/excited with it too.

Also, as an aside, there's another thing that's got me little excited too, which is that I've started work on an original fantasy novel. Things are still in the early stages, and I don't plan to do much on it until I've gotten a huge pile of fanfiction into your hands, but I like the ideas I've come up with so far, and I'm looking at maybe publishing this on Amazon early next year.
Until then I won't bother you with details on something that you've never seen before, except to say (in a whispery, Citizen Kane sort of voice, one single word): MistLight.

(Which, to shatter the mystery, if there was one, is the working title of the book).

Anyway, Taleene story soon, Dawn/SG:1 story soon after that, Harmony story when you least expect it, random fantasy novel sometime after that.

Carry on carrying on.
--AJK





1 comment:

  1. Slow and steady may not win the race, but it will guarantee a better end product more often then not. Just relax, and have fun, and the story will take care of itself. If you where a bad writter, which you're not, your Star Wars story alone wouldn't have 48 recommendations(I'm hoping an update will push it to 50), 208 reviews, and over 34 thousand hits(the next update could easily push that up over 40k). You can do this, you have what it takes. I have complete confidence in your ability to succeed.

    ReplyDelete